District of Columbia
District of Columbia Code
Division I Government of District
Title 2 Government Administration
Chapter 3 Procurement
Unit A Procurement Practices for the District Government
Subchapter XI Miscellaneous
§ 2-311.02. Cooperative purchasing agreement.
(a) The Director shall be authorized and encouraged to participate in, sponsor, conduct, or administer cooperative purchasing agreements with any state, county, or municipal jurisdiction for the purpose of procuring supplies and services, which shall include construction services or architectural and engineering services related to construction repairs, upgrades, restoration, alteration, and reconstruction of existing buildings and facilities. Cooperative purchasing agreements entered into by the District government shall be in accordance with, to the extent practicable, all laws, statutes, and regulations of the District government with respect to contracting, and shall not be inconsistent with laws, statutes, and regulations of the United States government that apply specifically to the District.
(b) The District government may not participate in any cooperative purchasing agreement pursuant to subsection (a) of this section that does not mandate minimum minority business participation levels equal to those required by subchapter VIII of Chapter 2 of this title.
(c) Cooperative purchasing agreements may include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) Agreements for the cooperative purchasing of supplies and services;
(2) Agreements for the sale, purchase, or use of property belonging to either the District or a neighboring jurisdiction;
(3) Agreements for the common use of facilities equipment;
(4) Agreements for automated databases; or
(5) Agreements for construction services or architectural and engineering services related to the repair, upgrade, restoration, alteration and reconstruction of buildings and facilities.
(d) No agency shall enter into or participate in a cooperative purchasing agreement unless that participation is authorized by the Director pursuant to the District Government Procurement Regulations.