Title 39 Public Finance
Subtitle III. General Laws on State Debt
Chapter 17. Louisiana Procurement Code
Part VII Intergovernmental Relations
39:1701: Definitions of terms used in this Part
(1) "Cooperative purchasing" means procurement conducted by or on behalf of more than one public procurement unit or by a public procurement unit with an external procurement activity or by a private procurement unit.
(2) "External procurement activity" means any buying organization not located in this state which, if located in this state, would qualify as a public procurement unit. An agency of the United States government is an external procurement activity.
(3) "Local public procurement unit" means any parish, city, town, governmental body, and any other subdivision of the state or public agency thereof, public authority, public educational, health, or other institution, and to the extent provided by law, any other entity which expends public funds for the acquisition or leasing of supplies, services, major repairs, and construction, and any nonprofit corporation operating a charitable hospital.
(4) "Private procurement unit" means any independent institution of higher education in this state.
(5) "Public procurement unit" means either a local public procurement unit or a state public procurement unit.
(6) "State public procurement unit" means the central purchasing agency and any other purchasing agency of this state.
39:1702: Cooperative purchasing authorized; participation in Federal General Services Administration vendor list
39:1704. Cooperative use of supplies or services
Article 7.14 (C)
TITLE 38:3383: Cooperative Endeavors